Sign in to follow this  
Clayton Dillard

Pre Rut Activity

Who all is seeing some pre rut activity!? I’ve noticed a lot of scrapes, and rubs showing up with the cooler weather that has finally arrived! 

Best of luck this fall to everyone Hunting!!

Clayton 

• Like 1

In the Finger Lakes region of NY we've seen young bucks bumping does on food plots and scrapes have been popping up all over.  A few of the mature bucks are active reaaaallll close to daylight, starting putting some time in the stand!

Here in Southeast Pennsylvania the bucks are heavily hitting scrapes. On October 19th, I saw a 2.5 year old grunting and staying close to a doe, he was also looking for a fight with any younger bucks that came into the area. I saw my #1 buck in Pennsylvania twice checking does in daylight, the same day. I believe he is a 4 year old, I am hoping to catch up with him at the end of this week!

I watched a nice buck with a doe in a CRP field Monday night and another more mature buck, just standing in the middle of a 100 acre picked bean field across the road from the first buck. In my area of mid Michigan things are on fire and great bucks are falling to hunters that are grunting to cruising bucks.